Interested in becoming a trw scholar?
The Toyian R. Williams Legacy Scholarship Fund is a youth-serving organization that provides annual scholarships to deserving high school senior athletes in the Central Savannah River Area who are planning to pursue their college education after high school. The goal is to provide hope to young men with potential and aspirations for a bright and promising future. The scholarship fund was established in 2015 in memory of Toyian R. Williams, who was a former basketball player, 1998 graduate of North Augusta High School, and graduate of Savannah State University.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be male and must be a current high school senior.
- Applicant must be a member of the basketball team or participate in a sport at their current high school in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA).
- Applicant must have a GPA (grade point average) of 2.5 or higher.
- Applicant must have plans to attend college during the following school year.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are residents of Aiken County.
To apply for the Toyian R. Williams Legacy Scholarship, applicants must complete an application and a short essay. The essay must be typed, be at least two pages in length, and should address the following questions:
- Why are you applying for the Toyian R. Williams Legacy Scholarship?
- Why do you think you are deserving of the scholarship?
- How do you think the scholarship will enhance your college experience?
Application deadline: by May 1st in any calendar year.